Wednesday, February 10, 2010

new week, new play list =)
....
dang everyone needs to go check out that Live clip of Hillsong ...or is it Hillsong United?? singing - With Everything ..search it on youtube !!! man that song gets to me everytime... i get chills from that song whether i'm on my way to school, on the bus, or just in my room listening to it. This past sunday Young talked to our English Ministry about obsession. Being obsessed with God. This song completely embodies that sermon.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.

There's so much that i want to accomplish in life. Get into grad school. Get a stable job...so that my parents can friggin retire and my dad can stop working 12 hrs 7 days per week. Lead my family to Christ...so that they can be Saved. Get married so that i can experience the moment of holding my dad's hand and walking down an aisle. Have children so that my parent's can experience holding their grandchildren in their arms.
Family is everything...and i tend to judge people a lot by the way people treat their own.... it says so much about the state of one's heart and their character. I believe the greatest love begins with God. But the next link is your family ..not you friends..your family. Doesn't matter how much you may value your friends. If your a totally different person behind the closed doors of your home..and you treat your family different than you to do your firends..your a phony. straight up. After you've learned to love your family unconditionally then should come friends. trust me. it took 21 years for me to realize that. I guess better late than never.
What i often tend to forget is that all these goals and expectations we have for ourselves don't matter. If our focus and single purpose is directed towards God everything else will just fall into place... i understand this. i want to believe it. i want to be obsessed. but i'm not quite there yet.

Q: are you anywhere near being obsessed with God?

2 comments:

  1. i dont think any of us treats family as well as we should =(

    i dont.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH SHOOOT julie has a blogggg!!
    hi julie tis lisa!!
    and amen sister about the whole family thing! it's one thing i definitely need to work on. living away from home for so many years has opened my eyes to how precious my family is to me, however theres always always room for improvement~ cause ya sometimes i talk real rude to my mom and dad. aigoo!!
    great post julie! i also want to be obsessed with God the way young described!

    ReplyDelete