Wednesday, December 22, 2010

.justanote.

"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time He said, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness". So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corthinians 12" 8-10

Wise words from my buddy Paul to the Corinthians back in the day. The thought of embracing my weaknesses....you know...kind of blows my mind Paul was able to come across that point. Sometimes I want to dig the deepest hole in a really deep cave in a really deep forest and just stuff all my weaknesses in there so nobody and see it. Yet God is wanting us to not only acknowledge our weaknesses but boast about them. Usually I'm tough enough to face my weaknesses but I'm in such a hurry to overcome it. I never really sit and think, "YES! this is a good thing".

tonight i felt a little excitment to know that within very hardship i'll grow that much more intimate with Christ. exciting but a tad scary if you know what i mean. i need more faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment